Monday, December 30, 2013

Charlotte Beer Envy

I hate @CLTBeercast!  But in a good way!

One of the reasons I decided to start doing this blog was the fact that I found the Charlotte Beercast.  I mean, I knew that Augusta was craft beer Purgatory, but then the fine gents at the Beercast (Josh, Jeff, and Mark) invaded my iTunes line-up with their embarrassment of beer riches and made my life all the more depressing.... Local breweries, great bottle shops, collaborative brewing w/local breweries, light rail!  Make it stop!  My self esteem can't take much more....

But I love the podcast nonetheless, as I can live vicariously through them, and imagine what it would be like to live in a city that had a vibrant craft beer scene.

The cast has changed slightly over their 18 episodes, but he good beer talk and "basckside" humor has not.  They remain just "some drunken idiots talking beer."

In their latest episode, they include in their reviews two Georgia beers, Red Hare Gangway IPA and Red Brick's 20th Anniversary Ale.


Admittedly, reviews are mixed.  But If you want to hear what they are, I encourage you to go listen to the episode.

Episode 18: You did WHAT to the Ice cream? (mp3)

Of course, if you feel the need to start at Episode 1, then by all means do so.

Episode 1: The Drunken Buffoonery Begins!

Additionally you can subscribe to the Beercast at iTunes, and have it magically appear for your listening pleasure every two weeks.  And if you like it, the guys ask that you rate them highly on iTunes as well.

All joking aside, it is this podcast that encouraged me to start this page.  And perhaps sometime in the future, Augusta can have its own Beercast as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment